Working with Digital Maps – Leveraging the power of GIS
Programme Date: 15-17 December 2014
This 3 day course aims to equip participants with application-oriented knowledge of GIS in data collection, creation, and analysis to web presentation. It introduces the various components of GIS, its relevance to spatial data and how to implement it in the participant’s field of work.
Highlights of the course
- Introduction to methods of data collection relevant to geospatial analysis and the presentation of the data
- Understanding GPS, its working and applications
- Application of the techniques in the participants’ respective domains. The participants will be encouraged to produce decision making maps for their area of work
- Develop mash-ups based on popular web-based GIS applications like Open Street Map and Google Maps
- Certificate from Indian Institute for Human Settlements
Who should participate?
- Government technical teams working with ULBs, Water supply and Sewerage Department, Power and Energy, Municipalities, Roads, Property Tax, Census etc.
- Professionals who are working on data analysis and are looking for better representation of the same on spatial parameters
- Professionals working with geospatial data willing to explore open source software and web application
- Students from Geogrpahy, Urban planning, Civil, Architecture, Conservation, Environment, Health sciences, Heritage and Conservation, Mining and Geology background looking for an edge over others with added knowledge of the GIS
Early Bird Date: 8 December 2014
Students: Rs 10,000/- (Early bird offer: Rs 9,000/-)
Working professionals: Rs 12,000/- (Early bird offer: Rs 10,000/-)